Winter Wild Edibles Houston (Jan.27)
January 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$75
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE YOUR WILD EDIBLES HOUSTON TICKET (JAN 27)
A 4 hour course in HOUSTON, TX and taught by our nationally recognized expert, Dr. Mark “Merriwether” Vorderbrugen. Class starts promptly at 9:00 am and ends at 1:00 pm.
This course is one of 4 for the Houston region (summer, fall, winter, spring). We do our best to bring you new plants in each region for each class.
20 SPACES MAX, we have TWO spaces left.
Mark is one of the foremost experts on wild edibles foraging in North America, and the creator of Foraging Texas, a website dedicated to foraging in Texas. He’s also the author of “The Idiots Guide to Foraging” which is an absolute must have for the serious student. This course covers topics such as:
- Foraging ethics, etiquette, techniques and benefits
- Historical medicinal uses for certain plants (as available by season/environment)
- Nutritional value of certain plants in a survival scenario
- Common methods of preparation for various plants
- How to find more info & resources on foraging wild edible
**NOTE** – If you are paying for more than yourself to attend, please include ALL names of persons in your party, so that we add them to the class roster.
Items we highly suggest bringing:
- Bug spray
- Appropriate clothing for hiking, good hiking boots
- Hat, sunglasses, handkerchief
- Pen, pencil, paper, fully charged phone/camera
- Any medication you may need
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar