Hill Country Wild Edibles part 2
December 9 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$75.00
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE YOUR WILD EDIBLES TICKET (DEC 9)
You do NOT need to have taken part 1 to do part 2. That’s just our way of letting you know it’s different plants than part 1.
A 4 hour course in Burnet, TX and taught by our nationally recognized expert, Dr. Mark Merriwether. Class starts promptly at 8:30am and ends at 12:30pm. Your $10 parking fee is included in the course fee.
This course is LEVEL 1 of 3 for the hill country region. Once you complete all three levels, you may test out with us to become SPEAR Survival Wild Edibles Certified.
20 SPACES MAX, minimum 15 students required to move fwd with class. If that number is not met at least 1 week prior, we will refund everyone’s course fee.
Mark is one of the foremost experts on wild edibles foraging in North America, and the creator of Foraging Texas, a website dedicated to foraging in Texas. He’s also the author of “The Idiots Guide to Foraging” which is an absolute must have for the serious student. This course covers topics such as:
- Foraging ethics, etiquette, techniques and benefits
- Historical medicinal uses for certain plants (as available by season/environment)
- Nutritional value of certain plants in a survival scenario
- Common methods of preparation for various plants
- How to find more info & resources on foraging wild edible
**NOTE** – If you are paying for more than yourself to attend, please include ALL names of persons in your party, so that we add them to the class roster.
Items we highly suggest bringing:
- Bug spray
- Appropriate clothing for hiking in expected weather
- Good hiking boots
- Hat, sunglasses, handkerchief
- Pen, pencil, paper, fully charged phone/camera
- Any medication you may need