- This event has passed.
Hill Country Winter Wild Edibles (pt2)
December 9 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$75
You do NOT need to have taken part 1 to do part 2. That’s just our way of letting you know it’s different plants than part 1.
Hill Country Winter Wild Edibles is a 4 hour course in Burnet, TX (105 CR 114,Burnet, TX 78611) and taught by our nationally recognized expert, Dr. Mark Merriwether. Class starts promptly at 8:30am and ends at 12:30pm. Your $10 parking fee is included in the course fee.
This winter wild edibles course is LEVEL 1 of 3 for the hill country region. Once you complete all three levels, you may test out with us to become SPEAR Survival Wild Edibles Certified.
This course has 5 spaces left as of Dec. 2, 2017
Mark is one of the foremost experts on wild edibles foraging in North America, and the creator of Foraging Texas, a website dedicated to foraging in Texas. He’s also the author of “The Idiots Guide to Foraging” which is an absolute must have for the serious student. This course covers topics such as:
- Foraging ethics, etiquette, techniques and benefits
- Historical medicinal uses for certain plants (as available by season/environment)
- Nutritional value of certain plants in a survival scenario
- Common methods of preparation for various plants
- How to find more info & resources on foraging wild edible
**NOTE** – If you are paying for more than yourself to attend, please include ALL names of persons in your party, so that we add them to the class roster.
Items we highly suggest bringing:
- Bug spray
- Appropriate clothing for hiking, good hiking boots
- Hat, sunglasses, handkerchief
- Pen, pencil, paper, fully charged phone/camera
- Any medication you may need
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar